Richmond Area Prepper Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your caliber?

2 posters

Go down

What's your caliber? Empty What's your caliber?

Post by Nick Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:11 pm

Of the hundreds of different rounds available, which is your favorite rifle round? Handgun round? Shotgun shell? Its tough to choose between what you like and what is going to be prevalent in a SHTF scenario.

I personally love the .45 acp for my handgun, but it tends to get really heavy pretty quickly. For rifles, gotta love the 7.62. Its heavy, but prevalent and reliable.
Nick
Nick
Admin

https://rapc.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

What's your caliber? Empty Re: What's your caliber?

Post by n2cycles Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:10 pm

if I can only have one of each my favorite might not be my pick. You got to have a 22 lr. It accurate, quiet and you can carry a bunch. They can't be reloaded so you do give up some versatility. I love the 10mm in a handgun but to be practice the 9mm is a better choice. The police and military carry them so supplies will likely be available. Shotguns do have their place for hunting but have limited capacity and the ammo is heavy. If you had to survive with only one gun the shotgun would be a choice. Birdshot, buckshot and slugs will hunt anything on the planet. 20 gauge is good but 12 is the way to go for availability

n2cycles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:41 am

I tend to agree with you on the 12 Guage, but you forgot to mention one very important thing about it. Shot length. You want to make sure you have something that can shoot everything. Police and military use 3.5" 12 Guage more often than not, while most civilian hunters use 2 3/4 or less.
Nick
Nick
Admin

https://rapc.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum