Richmond Area Prepper Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BAN THE BOX IN VA

3 posters

Go down

BAN THE BOX IN VA Empty BAN THE BOX IN VA

Post by KathyP Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:20 am

The box disappears on the applications, but they still do background checks. If a felony conviction appears, does it still keep one from getting the job? Anyone is capable of making a bad decision, especially when they're young. I think this ban the box is a good thing. Think of the stuff people do and never get caught. But it would be interesting to know of if a conviction that appears in the background check would still keep one from getting the position for which they're applying. I know someone that committed a felony more than 20 years ago. He wouldn't dream of doing something even remotely similar now, but that mistake made over 20 years ago still haunts him today.
KathyP
KathyP
Regular

Back to top Go down

BAN THE BOX IN VA Empty Re: BAN THE BOX IN VA

Post by Nick Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:47 am

Taking qu the box is good yes, however I doubt it's going to change anything. People will still ask the question regardless of whether or not the box is present.
Nick
Nick
Admin

https://rapc.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by n2cycles Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:18 pm

People deserve the right to earn their rights and reputation back. the difference between good and bad is often only one got caught

n2cycles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:44 am

You've always been allowed to earn the rights back. I believe if you go seven years without any issues you're allowed to submit a request to the state governer to get your rights back.
Nick
Nick
Admin

https://rapc.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by n2cycles Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:25 am

I know you can get your voting rights and your gun rights in some cases but the record remains. Most large cooperations require background checks to get a job and in some cases just to come on their property. I understand the need to protect property and employment rights but a stupid minor mistake at 18 can ruin your life. The courts are quick to force plea bargins to keep you out of jail and the young often jump on that opportunity because they can't afford the legal fees and public defenders are backlogged. At 18 many don't care about rights they haven't participated in yet so they take the deal not realizing they are lifetime felons.

n2cycles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum